Apartment Building Accidents in NJ

Recovering Compensation for Injuries in New Jersey Apartments

Anyone who owns an apartment building is ultimately responsible for seeing to it that the building is safe for its residents and their visitors. "Slip and fall" and “trip and fall” injuries in an apartment accident can often put victims out of work or cause pain and impairment and continuous permanent disabilities. If you or a loved one suffered injuries in an apartment accident, you may be able to recover compensation from the apartment building's owner. However, doing so may require the help of an experienced personal injury attorney.

I'm Francis M. Smith, a lawyer with over 30 years of experience handling personal injury claims throughout counties such as Sussex County, Union County, Morris County and Hunterdon County. I can help you efficiently recover the settlement you need after suffering an apartment accident. To find out more, call 908-233-5800 or contact my office online today for a free consultation.

Offering Personal Service for Injuries of All Kinds

Any time a person falls, the potential is created for any kind of blunt-force trauma injury to occur. At The Law Office of Francis M. Smith, Esq., I handle all kinds of injuries, including:

Did Your Landlord Break the Law?

When landlords don't take care of their apartments, accidents happen. That's why landlords in New Jersey are obligated to keep all common areas safe and within code. These include stairways, parking lots, hallways, sidewalks, elevators and anywhere else a person might go while carrying on a normal day.

Keeping these areas "within code" means generally keeping them clear of debris. In stairwells, it means keeping banisters safe and secure. For outdoor areas, it means taking care of dangerous ice and snow to prevent slip and fall injuries. The interpretation of local ordinances and safety codes can require an expert, and obtaining an honest report from such an expert is part of my job when I represent you.

If you or a loved one suffered injuries in an apartment accident, I can help. To schedule a free consultation at The Law Office of Francis M. Smith, Esq., call 908-233-5800 or contact my firm online today.